Student Research Database
Kids InfoBits is a content-rich, easy to use database for student research.
Citing Web-based Resources:
In general, citations of Web-based resources include the following:
- Website author's name (Last, First), if known, or site sponsor, if author is unknown.
- Title of website in italics or in "quotation marks" if it is a newspaper, magazine, or encyclopedia article.
- Date website was posted or last updated in (parentheses).
- URL (web address) in [brackets] .
- Title of publication underlined or in italics if it is an article from a newspaper, magazine, or online encyclopedia.
- Date of access.
Website with known author:
Smith, Joe. The Amazing World of Animals. (5/6/99).[http://www.amazinganimals.com]. 9/15/99.
Website with no known author:
Canadian Museum of Civilization. Mysteries of Egypt.
Scholastic GO! is an online database of nonfiction content for research reports and projects and homework help which is appropriate for our elementary students. Scholastic GO uses Grolier Online™ as their source of vetted information.
Our subscription is for the following three elementary databases:
New Book of Knowledge
America the Beautiful
Amazing Animals of the World
For home use, please click the below. The login information is: